Whether you’re in the food industry or have a commercial kitchen for another reason, you depend on the garbage disposals in your sinks to work on demand. Having a kitchen sink disposal isn’t just for convenience. It’s also a great tool that lessens the chances of clogs occurring from food wastes. Problems arise, however, when commercial garbage disposers are overused and overstuffed. It’s not uncommon for non-organic material to find their way into the disposal. Items like silverware, kitchen trash, straws, and other non-food items that accidentally end up in the disposal can lead to breakdowns. That’s when you need drain cleaning and commercial garbage disposal services from a professional plumber in Southern California.
At Wise Choice Plumbing & Rooter, our plumbing pros repair, replace, and install commercial garbage disposals on a daily basis. You can count on us to service your hotel, restaurant, cafeteria or other food establishment disposal 24/7. No matter what make or model you have, we guarantee our technicians have the tools and know-how to make timely, accurate repairs. Call us today for a free written estimate for all commercial plumbing repairs.
When a garbage disposal breaks, it’s usually due to one of the following reasons:
- Drain clogs: The unit may have been overstuffed or something is preventing the food from chopping up into small pieces.
- Jammed blades: Small bits of hard food or hardened grease can get in between the blades, preventing operation.
- Leaky units: Seals wear out on garbage disposals and lead to leaks below the sink. A smelly garbage disposal may also be a sign of a bad seal.
- Humming: Did you turn the unit on, but it only hums? This is a sign that the impeller or motor may be bad.
- No operation: If the unit doesn’t do anything, press the reset button. Also check the circuit breaker to make sure the unit is getting power.
Regardless of the problem, it’s important to have your garbage disposal checked out right away. Quick repairs protect against clogged drains or total plumbing system backups. These situations make it impossible to operate your kitchen, which leads to a loss of production. Our professional plumbers replace, repair, and install all sizes, makes, and models of commercial garbage disposals.
Garbage Disposal Installation
Do you need garbage disposal replacement? Whether your current disposal has bit the dust or you need to upgrade to a more powerful unit, Wise Choice Plumbing & Rooter is ready to help. It’s important to hire a plumber for professional installation to guarantee that connection to the power source are done right. All it takes is one mistake to put not only your plumbing system in jeopardy, but your electrical system too.
Working closely with a plumber also ensures that all your questions are answered. Not sure what unit is best for your load? We answer all these questions and more, including recommending units that are best for your budget that don’t sacrifice performance.
Commercial kitchen disposals and their features:
- Disposals range from light duty – to 10HP heavy-duty models
- Mounting options include dish table, floor, and sink attachment
- Available in single phase or 3-phase
- Choose from electric or water-pressure powered models
Small kitchens and convenience stores usually get by with light duty models; whereas schools and medium-sized restaurants need medium duty models. If you operate a resort or factory, you may need a larger model that involves installing a complex system.
For help deciding which garbage disposal system is right for your commercial property, call Wise Choice Plumbing & Rooter. In addition to commercial garbage disposer services, we also offer a full menu of commercial plumbing services to keep your business running well 24/7. Call today at (888) 668-8922 or schedule a service online.